Rum Runner Press, Inc. and The Rum University
The Art of Rum MakingThe Art of Rum Making (The Rum University)
The Rum University (www.RumUniversity.com) is the world's leading training institution for members of the rum industry.
On-line and in-person courses include:
- Rum Appreciation in the 21st Century: For non-technical personnel, including those in Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Brand Ambassadors and for consumers/bloggers interested in solidifying their knowledge of rum.
- Advanced Rum Tasting Techniques: A course designed to take the organoleptic assessment of rum to the highest possible level. A requirement for potential judges in Rum University-sanctioned competitions.
- The Classifications of Rum: The foundation for those seeing advanced technical knowledge about rum, such as distillers, agers, blenders or future private label owners.
- The History and Science of the Barrel: A comprehensive course devoted to exploring and explaining all the transformations rum undergoes during its patient aging in oak barrels.
- The Art of Rum Making: A must-attend course for craft and large distillers looking to explore the world of authentic, fine rum.
- The Art of Rum Blending: A compilation of hard-to-get best practices aimed at producing consistently great rum, in compliance with local and international regulations. Only for distillers.
For dates, availability and prices, please visit the university's official website at www.RumUniversity.com.