- April 8, 2013: The Rum University Announces a 2-Day Course in Spain. The Rum University announces the first stop in its European Education Tour. Madrid, Spain,
will be the host city for an intense, 2-day course for beverage sector professionals.
Importers, distributors, retailers, bartenders and sommeliers will gather in Madrid on May 20th and 21st at the Hotel Silken Puerta America, the same hotel where the 2nd
International Rum Conference will be held in June.
The course will have a duration of 16 hours, it will be presented by Mr. Javier Herrera from Spain, International Rum Conference Director, by Mr. Luis Ayala from the USA, Rum University Founder and Director and by Mr. Miguel Pérez and Mr. Miguel A. Jiménez, who are renowned Rum Mixology experts from Spain. Attendees will learn the technical aspects of rum production, including fermentation, distillation, aging and
blending techniques. They will also learn to differentiate the rums based on their style, congener content and age. This knowledge will serve as a foundation as the group then moves to the practical phase, where numerous rums will be tasted during exercises aimed at fine-tuning the senses. Read full Press Release HERE.
- March 18, 2013: Rum Runner Press, Inc. Announces Appointment of Mr. Paul Senft as Featured Rum Reviewer for “Got Rum?” Magazine. Since its establishment in 2001, “Got Rum?” Magazine has been providing rum aficionados everywhere with reviews of noteworthy rums from every corner of the world.
The “Angel’s Share,” is the name given to the portion of the rum stored in barrels that evaporates each year, suggesting that, rather than being simply lost, it is “consumed”
by the warehouse’s guardian angels. Appropriately, “The Angel’s Share” section of “Got Rum?” magazine has seen numerous rum bottles tasted and tested over the years, all evaluations being made by magazine editors Luis and Margaret Ayala. Now, for the first time since the inception of the magazine, the Ayalas have opened up the section to showcasing reviews of other respected rum critics. Paul Senft, founder and publisher of “Rum Journey” (www.rumjourney.com), attracted the attention of the Ayalas early on, thanks to the meticulous rum reviews published on his website. After closely following Paul’s published articles, it was obvious to Luis and Margaret that Paul possessed the organoleptic skills, as well as the rum industry knowledge necessary to become a contributing member of the team.
Read full Press Release HERE.
- February 25, 2013: Rum Runner Press, Inc., has been named the exclusive USA agent for Fairly Traded Organics. Located in Paraguay, South America, Fairly Traded Organic's sugar mill has been producing organic certified raw cane sugar since 1994. The mill is the oldest continuously-operating organic sugar mill in the world and is also one of only three worldwide to produce Organic and Fair-Trade certified sugar.
All of the organic raw cane sugars, molasses, alcohols and rums are 100 percent GMO-free and are certified organic under the USDA National Organics Program (NOP), Japan Agriculture Standard (JAS), EU 2092/91, and Bio Suisse (Switzerland) standards. “It is clear the beverage industry has been ready for a certified organic rum for quite some time,” says Luis Ayala, President of Rum Runner Press. “Undoubtedly there has been an emphasis on reduced calories and on reduced carbs, but the coffee industry has taught us that retailers and consumers are also interested in organic and fair trade practices. This is where we come in with these rums” he adds. Read full Press Release HERE.
- January 7, 2013: Rum Runner Press announces the launch of its new and improved website for "Got Rum?" Magazine. In recent surveys, a majority of “Got Rum?” readers asked (some even politely demanded!) for new content more frequently than once- a-month. Others expressed how it is important for them to be able to share articles they like on Facebook. The publishers listened attentively to all requests and evaluated what was practical and justifiable given the overall corporate priorities. Read full Press Release HERE.
- December 18, 2012. Rum Runner Press Announces the Addition of a New Line of Solera-Aged Bulk and Private Label Rums to its Portfolio. Read full Press Release HERE.
- December 11, 2012. The Rum University’s newest hands-on course, “The Art of Rum Making” will be offered worldwide starting January 2013. The multi day course is designed to help industry neophytes gain a better understanding of the theory and techniques involved in producing rum commercially. Read full Press Release HERE.
- November 30, 2012. The Rum University Announces the Release of Its Newest 12-Lesson Course: “The History and Science of the Barrel”. Read full Press Release HERE.
- November 15, 2012. Starting December 2012, US-based rum specialists will be adding Cuban style rum to their growing portfolio of bulk rums, available to distributors and brand owners. Read full Press Release HERE.